St Mary’s Primary School
At St Mary's School Maffra, we are a Catholic School that strives to be authentic to the teachings of Jesus and the teachings of the Church. We aim to be an inclusive and nurturing community that respects, values and empowers each person to fulfill their dreams and potential. We envisage a school that provides challenging, relevant and child-centred learning experiences. We believe that the social, emotional, moral, spiritual and physical wellbeing of our students is pivotal to student health, safety, learning, and success.
St Mary’s is a small, caring rural school. Our teachings are based on the values and beliefs of respect and dignity.St Mary’s is a small Catholic Primary School located in Maffra, Gippsland Victoria. The School was established in 1905 by the Sisters of St Joseph and still maintains many Josephite Traditions. We are very proud that St Mary’s Primary School provides an environment imbued with Christian values, where:
- religious education helps students develop their faith journey
- academic achievement is promoted and extended
- participation in the arts, sports and community is strongly encouraged
- the staff are dedicated, professional and focussed on meeting the needs of all children
- parents are encouraged to be active participants in the life of the school